Thursday 15 November 2007

"Dishonest cabby delays meter reading for peak-hour charge"

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/viewPost5563.aspx
Posted on 21 Sep, 2007

A 17-year-old student felt shortchanged after he had to pay peak-hour charge from 5pm because the taxi driver did not start the meter reading immediately after the trip started.

"Taxi driver without integrity," the STOMPer said in an email this evening (21 Sept).
"I boarded a Comfort Cab with my girlfriend and brother yesterday at 4.56pm from Hougang Mall. The cab number is SHC 2176 C.

"I was in a rush and did not notice that the cab driver did not press the meter till my brother told me about it.

"Suspecting something, I kept quiet at first. Once the time read 5pm, after just just 100 metres, the driver pressed the meter.

"And there it is, the $2.00 surcharge."The STOMPer has lodge a complaint with the cab operator.

"Yes, though it's only a small sum and I do not mind paying, I am just disgusted with the driver's actions.

"Is this the right kind of service that should be provided? Just want to warn other cab users to look out for this unprofessional behaviour."

No comments: