Tuesday 20 November 2007

Cabby charges me $6 ERP... at 5 am!



Posted on 20 Nov, 2007


STOMPer Lynn Yong was appalled when she saw that she had been charged an extra $6 for Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) charges by a cabbie at 4.45am!

Lynn had boarded a Transcab at 4.45am at Marriott Hotel last Saturday (16 Nov).
According to the Land Transport Authority's (LTA) website, the ERP charges are in effect on weekends only between 12pm and 8pm.

She explained: "The driver argued that there was ERP because I had boarded at Marriott Hotel and the excess was the midnight surcharge."

But that was not the only instance of overcharging from this taxi ride, according to the STOMPer.

"He had also taken a longer route, thinking that my friends and I were drunk and asleep. But I woke up in time to see that he drove past my street, to the other end of the road, making one big round.

"He finally asked where he should drop me off when he saw me waking up," she said.
Lynn has also written in to taxi company for an explanation.

No comments: