Sunday 9 December 2007

"Cabby so dishonest...charges extra when he's not supposed to"



Stomp
Posted on 09 Dec, 2007 13:00

Sales executive Jacky felt shortchanged by a taxi driver who charged him $2 extra levied on passengers who board at the Singapore Expo. "I boarded his cab outside the premises of the Expo, near the MRT station. Yet he charged extra," he said.

In an email on Dec 8, Jacky said this happened on Nov 28.

"I told the uncle I wanted to go to Tampines Mall and he told me during the ride that I have to pay $2 extra because here is Expo. I said no problem.

"A few minutes later, I think about it...$2 extra for boarding outside the Expo?" The STOMPer did not pursue the matter but felt the cabby was trying to cover his tracks when he asked for a receipt.

"After I reached Tampines Mall, I asked the uncle to print the receipt for me because I needed to claim from my company.

"The cabby said OK. He printed a computerised copy for me stating $7.60 but he charged me $9.60. So I asked the uncle why he said the fare was $9.60 but the receipt said $7.60 only?

"How I claim back the $2 from my company?" "The uncle said 'Don't have, Don't have... Receipt never print the extra $2 for boarding at Expo." The STOMPer was puzzled.

"After a few minutes arguing about the receipt, the uncle issued me a manual receipt, stating $9.60," he said.

The STOMPer has contacted the cab company and is waiting for a reply.

No comments: