Tuesday 13 October 2009

Cabby who put service before durians

October 13, 2009 Tuesday
Cabby who put service before durians
I WOULD like to compliment Mr Michael Tay of Smart Taxis.
Last Friday, I was stranded at Bangkit Road. Even though it was 8.45pm
and past peak hour, a lot of empty cabs just whizzed by, presumably
because they saw I had two plastic bags that were full. In reality,
most realised I was carrying durians.
My bags were torn and I needed a ride urgently, but unlike 10 drivers
who just whizzed by nonchalantly, only Mr Tay was gallant enough to
stop and ferry me and my durians.
Mr Tay said with a genuine smile that it was okay to ferry me and my
pungent fruit, as he could wind down the windows. He even allowed me
to place the thorny fruit on his leather seats.
Such a wonderful and considerate act begets the same kind of treatment
and I was happy to give him one of my durians. Kudos to Mr Tay, driver
of SHB 9093S Mercedes cab.
Dr George Yang





No comments: